Martin Digital History

Parlin Collection

Title

Parlin Collection

Subject

Florida-Sewall's Point

Description

Photographs of chiefly the Andrews and Tietig families on Sewall's Point.

The photographer for many of the images is reportedly Margaret Landrum Andrews Tietig (1881–1974), mother of Agnes Tietig Parlin (1914–2001), who donated the materials to the HSMC.

Source

Scans gift of the Historical Society of Martin County.

Date

1905-1907

Contributor

Historical Society of Martin County

Rights

No Copyright - In the United States: The Martin County Library System believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. For more information, visit http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/

Format

93 negatives

Language

English

Type

Still image

Identifier

2023-012

Coverage

1900s

Collection Items

  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-001.jpg

    View of Jupiter lighthouse and surrounding buildings.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-002.jpg

    Three people on a sidewalk amid the palms.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-003.jpg

    Margaret Andrews Tietig and Emilie Tietig Kaiper seated in a bicycle-pushed wicker chair with man on bicycle. Labeled "afromobile," used as tourist transportation around Palm Beach.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-004.jpg

    Large house. Palmetto Hall was built in 1904 by Albert Lewis Andrews of Newport, Kentucky. The estate included the main house, a house for servants, a guesthouse, a caretaker's house, a bunkhouse, and a boathouse. The house was sold in 1926.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-005.jpg

    Several people standing on dock. Edgar Harmer on left. Henry Sewall second from right.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-006.jpg

    Four women on a flat car tram used to carry oranges down to dock on St. Lucie River. Agnes Lendrum Gaff Andrews, Margaret Landrum Andrews, Grace Kinsley, Stella Knaul Andrews.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-007.jpg

    Large house, labeled Snider House built 1902.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-008.jpg

    Sailboat, owned and built by Edgar Harmer.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-009.jpg

    Large house. Palmetto Hall was built in 1904 by Albert Lewis Andrews of Newport, Kentucky. The estate included the main house, a house for servants, a guesthouse, a caretaker's house, a bunkhouse, and a boathouse. The house was sold in 1926.
  • https://images.martindigitalhistory.org/temp/HSMC-2023-012-1-010.jpg

    Sewell's Point tram tracks.